Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Napkin #17



Ringing then click, screen your calls. you're unlisted so I avoid thinking about what you think of me and the fact that it's wrong, I've been making lists lately, spending wasting rewinding stopping keeping time. Lists of things I'm apparently not supposed to remember but do (remember that one time?), lists of strangers' secrets, bucket lists, lists of sexual yoga poses, lists of possible lists.

I tried to warn you that there's something in the water but you downed it (drowned in it?) like truth serum, eager to shake me off, sliding out of  that scar tissue skin from all of their testosterone. I am curious and young and impressionable but I am not love-struck, star-struck, dumb-struck and there is a difference between admirations and abominations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar.